Thursday, August 13, 2009

Clay IV.40

I believe in one God, the Father, origin of the human soul, in whom we are grounded; from whose power meeting the Abyss the universe arose, creation flawed from the Abyss, shaped and unshaped by the Word and Spirit of the Father, toward redemption. †

And I believe in Jesus his son, the promised Christ, who brought the Father's Word to men, and spread news of the Father's Kingdom. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; conquering death through the power given him, he sits at the right hand of the Father forever. †

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the helper, the bringer of the Father's grace, who speaks through the prophets. †

I recognize the many catholic and apostolic churches, each part of the one Church, each following the light given it toward the coming of the Kingdom. †

I believe in the eternal life of the soul, the soul seeking redemption for itself and the world. I look for the redemption brought with the Kingdom. Amen.

No comments: