I’m writing you because I value your posts and comments. I don’t want to lose the connection. But the fact is, I’m not long for Facebook.
I’ve had it with algorithms determining what I see and who sees my posts. I’ve had it with the arrogant, over-the-top intrusions from bullshit “fact-checkers”. I don’t support Silicon Valley authoritarians, so why keep giving them my time and personal information even as they censor and insult me?
Many of you are on Parler. I am too, and it’s not bad. But the Parler format is not what I want. MeWe comes closest to Facebook in terms of function. Let’s exodus to MeWe.
Here’s the thing: The only reason MeWe doesn’t deliver interaction the way Zuck’s little police state does is as follows: EVERY ONE OF YOU checks Facebook daily, posts on Facebook daily, comments on Facebook daily. I know this because I do it too.
Further: If you’ve opened a MeWe account, like me, I see you STILL don’t spend time there--and why? Because your friends don’t. It’s a vicious cycle. A self-perpetuating collective habit. I’ve been stuck in it too.
To break the vicious cycle, and help break Facebook’s monopoly, I’m asking you to take The Outahere Pledge:
I pledge to
1. Choose 4 days a week on which I will spend no more than 5 minutes per day on Facebook, scrolling social media instead on MeWe to build a presence. (My 4 days are Sun., Mon., Wed., Fri.)
2. During each of these 4 days, I will post at least 2 things on MeWe and comment on at least 2 friend’s posts
3. I will also carefully select and invite at least 12 valued Facebook friends to join me in this Pledge. (Do so by copying this URL and forwarding it, or by copy/pasting the text and sending it in Messenger.)
4. I will CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THIS RULE at least until the end of January 2021, when a viable new community will either be in place or not.
There’s no good reason we keep spending our time in Mark Zuckerberg's little gulag. At MeWe, they don’t shadow ban and subvert communication. They share all your posts with all your friends. They don’t claim to own your information: you own it.
So Let’s Just Get Outa Here. It is only habit that keeps us in Facebook.
NOTE: If you do take the Pledge, be serious about it. I say this knowing full well how hard digital habits are to break. But make a choice for yourself, STICK WITH IT, and help change our media landscape. Zuck’s monopoly well deserves to be broken.
Also: Once you’re at MeWe, join the new group DEPLORABLES 2.0. Continuing the fight to protect American liberty.
1. Answer with “Nah” or “I take the Pledge”. Then
2. add me as a contact on MeWe. Then
3. copy this Pledge Manifesto and send it to your 12 favorite contacts.
A little conscious self-discipline and we can move house. It’s long overdue. You know it is. Head to mewe.com.
And if you're going to wake up tomorrow, and I hope you are, have some deadpan with your coffee. Check out Idiocy, Ltd. Dryest humor in the west.