Thursday, August 13, 2015

Shares of Idiocy Remain Stable after Taipei Times Review


Bradley Winterton at the Taipei Times reviewed my Idiocy, Ltd. today. A mix of positive and negative. I knew the review was coming, and having read Winterton's reviews for years, I foresaw some of the things he wouldn't go for. Still, I'm glad he appreciated what he did and that he took the time to review the book rather than just say "WTF is all this?" He's in any case scrupulously honest in his reviews, you get the man's own readerly reactions rather than fluff or posing, so I was interested to read it.

The only thing that annoyed me about the piece was the title, which I strongly suspect Winterton himself didn't write, but that some friendly editor at the paper tacked on.

See the good, the bad and the ugly here.

And visit Amazon to get your copy of this now officially underappreciated masterpiece of deadpan prose.

E.M.

No comments: